The Par 3 Golf Course is OPEN!
GOLF OPERATIONAL RESTRICTIONS
The state of Illinois has allowed golf courses to resume limited operations beginning May 1st 2020. The current restrictions are outlined below.
▪ Book tee times on line or by telephone. No walk-ups.
▪ Twosomes only.
▪ 15 minute tee time intervals.
▪ No rental pull carts (you may walk and carry or walk and bring your own pull cart).
▪ The Practice Range, Practice Putting Green, Practice Chipping Green and Miniature Golf Course remain closed.
▪ The Pro Shop remains closed. (The rest rooms located on the east side of our building will be open.
Golfers are asked to comply with the following:
▪ Put on your golf shoes at your vehicle.
▪ Bring your own supply of equipment such as balls, tees and ball markers.
▪ Bring your own drink and snack.
▪ Maintain a distance of 6 feet or more from each other.
▪ Leave the flagstick in the hole while putting. Do not touch the flagsticks. (We have reversed the hole liner so it’s easy to retrieve your ball out of the hole.)
▪ Smooth the sand in the bunker with your feet.
The Zigfield Troy Par-3 is Fun to Play for All Skill Levels – an Ideal Course for the Beginner to Start and a Precision Challenge for the Better Golfer
Have less than two hours in your schedule, but you’d like to play a little golf?
Looking for a place to take the family that’s non-intimidating and doesn’t cost a small fortune for greens fees? The Zigfield Troy Par-3 is a perfect place for kids to learn the game without the pressure and frustration of a long regulation course.
Getting ready for a Club Championship or Member-Guest tournament and want to sharpen your short game? Our smaller greens are ideal targets to refine your alignment and build your confidence.
“This isn’t your normal par-3 layout. Bunkering and well-contoured greens make it most challenging,” noted the Chicago Sun-Times. “It’s an excellent place for beginners as well as more experienced players who want to sharpen their game. The deep-faced bunker at No. 2 is a killer.”
Since length is not an issue for any golfer on this course, the primary challenge is the greens. There are no double tiers, but all are contoured and some feature fairly steep slopes. They tend to visually trick your eyes into thinking the hole is longer than it really is. The good news: when you hit the green you’ll usually have a reasonable distance birdie putt.
“The challenging par 3 course is said to have some of the best greens in the area,” reported the Golf.com website. “Keep your shots out of the water hazards on holes #1 and #4, and out of numerous bunkers. The well-manicured greens are fast, and the wide fairways are open.”
Unlike executive-length courses, where you pretty much have to haul around your entire bag for a couple of so-called par-4 holes, many golfers can play the Zigfield Troy Par-3 with only one or two clubs plus a putter. The terrain of the course is gently sloping and easy to walk. If you’d prefer to bring all your clubs, pull carts are permitted.
The Par-3 Golf Course opens in April and closes in November, weather permitting. Tee times are scheduled for every 10 minutes. Phone reservations are taken every day. Par 3 hours are posted below.
Click Here to book a tee time or call (630) 985-9860.